Thursday, September 15, 2016

A quick tip about writing on blogger.

Hello this is my first scheduled and unscheduled post!
That is I wrote this on the spur of the moment, but I scheduled it for later.

Since I will be posting writing to this blog I realized I was going to have trouble if I could not indent, so I did some research and I found that some people were using an extra <div></div> tag to add an indent, but that also adds an extra margin, so I tried to use a <span></span> tag. At first I couldn't get that to work because a <span></span> tag is an inline element, but all I need to do was set it to display as a block


Here is the code I used.
<span style="display: block; text-indent:4em;"></span>

Now my paragraphs can be indented.

Now for some writing to illustrate my point..

I sat at my desk trying to make Blogger give in to my reasonable demand, is it so much to ask to be able to indent my text, it's not as if I am asking them to completely change their code am I? Suddenly I remember that the span tag exists, I hurry to try, only to discover it does not work, for alas! It is an inline style tag! But Wait! Theres More! Is there not a way to change a tags display style? Why yes there is! It is but a simple matter to change the display, I simply add display:block; to the style tag and it is done.

Neat Huh!

I also found out that if I copy from my word processor it keeps the formatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments civil, it is at my discretion to allow them.
Anything off topic ranging from politics to seafood weather, if I like it or not will not be allowed.
If you are trying to inform me about something important it should only in reference to my blog or my content and it should be constructive and should not be of a cynical nature, please do not make comments that are destructive or insulting, or even rude.